Now available in a non-mercury version, these sensors provide you with the stability, sensitivity and performance you have come to expect from the traditional mercury-based Thermo ScientificTM RamseyTM Tilt Switches.
Features and Benefits
• Rugged, abrasion-resistant tilt probes • Simple installation
• All probes include mounting hardware • Solid-state control unit with printed circuit boards
• Control unit is available in the following options
- Field mount NEMA 4 - Field mount NEMA 4X - DIN mount NEMA 1
• User adjustable time delay to prevent false alarms
• LED status lights — no bulbs to change
• cCSAus and ATEX approved versions suitable for hazardous area applications
The Thermo ScientificTM RamseyTM Mercury- Free Tilt Sensor uses advanced technology inside the tilt probe to replicate the same performance found in traditional mercury- based Thermo Scientific Ramsey Tilt Switches. A combination of opto-electronics and solid state circuitry inside the probe prevents jitter and provides stability not found in the typical non-mercury options.
The precision manufacturing of the tilt probe provides sensing of a 15 degree inclination in a full 360 degrees of direction. Multiple models of the tilt probe are available for applications with a wide variety of materials and environmental conditions (see inside for a description of the available options). All probes have fully encapsulated electronics and come with the necessary mounting hardware.
The field-mount control unit includes the traditional green “Normal” and red “Alarm” indicators with LED illuminators (a DIN mount control is also available).
The DPDT relay contacts give you two normally open and two normally closed connections for your external alarms and/or controls. An internal jumper allows you to select whether “Normal” is a horizontal or a tilted position. An adjustable time delay inside the control prevents a momentary tilting of the probe from causing a false or premature contact transfer. Interruption of line power will cause a contact transfer.